Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birch Aquarium


My husband and I brought our 11 months old daughter to Birch Aquarium in San Diego, California for a mini road trip.  My daughter really enjoy the time there.  To say the least she was enthralled.  She got to explore and see all the awesome fishes, eels, sharks, crabs, seahorses. The beautiful view off the La Jolla beach, so relaxing and peaceful.  Even my husband enjoy the visit there too.
The great and clean exhibit where the aquarium tanks are display is amazing! I love knowing that I will be able to walk through the walkways and not have trash hit in the leg or a park map whisk right by me because it fell out of someones back pocket. The staff here had great manners and it honestly does really show.  The tide pool plaza here offers such an amazing view of the La Jolla beach.  The educators at the tide pools are all so friendly and nice and also offer a great number of knowledgeable facts to share. You can also reach in and touch some of the animals inside the water as well! This is an excellent place for kids of all ages.  We witnessed shear delight from toddlers to teens and adults enjoying the many different ocean animals.  Like everywhere else, admission has gone up but in comparison to other places in and around San Diego, $17 for adults and &12.50 for kid. I hope you take some time off your busy day to visit this lovely place. Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment